Thursday, August 16, 2012

Les Invalides - best war museum in Paris




Hi everyone,

I want to tell you about one of my favorite war museums, Les Invalides, in Paris, France.

The very beautiful Les Invalides


I love this museum because it has a timeline from when Napolelon the 1st was in power through WW1 and 2. You learn about the military history of France with models and many maps (I'm a map lover!).

These maps show allied powers take over Italy to stop Mussolini


My favorite exhibit focuses on WW2.  I find WW2 fascinating because the war was such a brutal conflict, and almost every country in the world participated. 

What interests me most is Hitler's rise as he takes over Europe, and his inevitable fall.


A large WW2 tank



Les Invalides also has an exciting history. It used to be an army base, holding thousands of weapons, and many cannons for the French.

I feel bad for whoever had to cary these cannons in war time!

A very accurate model of the trenches, or fox holes,  in the first world war

  
The French Revoluion began when the commoners and soldiers alike stormed Les Invalides to steal weapons. 
A mob attacks the bastille.


Les Invalides also holds the tomb of Napoleon, and some of his generals.


Such a big tomb, for such a little guy


 This museum is great, if you love history and weapons. Sometimes museums can be boring for kids, but this is a great museum for kids, and especially boys!


Thanks,


Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment